Read With Me #3: Vera Wong's Unsolicited Advice for Murderers by Jesse Q. Sutanto

 

Vera Wong's Unsolicited Advice for Murderers by Jesse Q. Sutanto

Vera Wong's Unsolicited Advice for Murderers by Jesse Q. Sutanto
Publisher: Berkley
Publication Date: 14th March 2023
Genre: Contemporary, Mystery
Add to Goodreads
Source: Times Read
Rating: ∞🌟


Review

I'm thrilled to be reading Jesse Q. Sutanto's second book. I am truly having so much fun reading Vera Wong's Unsolicited Advice for Murderers.

Vera Wong is a 60 years old Chinese lady who owns a teashop. She is fantastic at her job, and the way she introduces her tea makes me want to want to try her tea too. Because I'm a sucker for tea. One day, Vera was shocked to see a body lying down, unresponsive, in her teashop. When the police came to her teashop, she was disappointed that the investigation was not like what she saw on crime show television; hence, she decided to investigate by herself. Not long after the police arrive, new faces visit her teashop, which makes her suspect them.

I love following Vera Wong's investigation, and her advice is the best. She is very diligent with her task in hand and a cheery and caring old lady. I'm sure you will love her too. Throughout her investigation, she gains a friendship she never thought she would have. The story was told from multiple points of view, and none of them would confuse you at all. I love every character in this book. I thought this would be a simple criminal case, but it is not. It was hard to guess, actually, and to know whodunit was utterly shocking to me. I guess I might not see the clue there. The mystery has kept me sitting tight in my seat.

I feel so sad when I almost finish reading the book. The story was well written, and the characters are so well developed. It is a delightful, witty, heartwarming story with a mystery that needed to be solved, and I'm glad that I read this one. Vera Wong's Unsolicited Advice for Murderers by Jesse Q. Sutanto will be my favourite book in 2023. It is really good, and I'm having so much fun reading it. This is definitely a highly recommended read.

Thank you Times Read for the review copy in return for an honest review

Synopsis

Put the kettle on, there’s a mystery brewing…
Tea-shop owner. Matchmaker. Detective?

Sixty-year-old self-proclaimed tea expert Vera Wong enjoys nothing more than sipping a good cup of Wulong and doing some healthy ‘detective’ work on the internet (AKA checking up on her son to see if he’s dating anybody yet).

But when Vera wakes up one morning to find a dead man in the middle of her tea shop, it’s going to take more than a strong Longjing to fix things. Knowing she’ll do a better job than the police possibly could – because nobody sniffs out a wrongdoing quite like a suspicious Chinese mother with time on her hands – Vera decides it’s down to her to catch the killer.

Nobody spills the tea like this amateur sleuth.

Vera Wong's Unsolicited Advice for Murderers by Jesse Q. Sutanto


0 comments