Read With Me #13: Days at the Morisaki Bookshop by Satoshi Yagisawa

Days at the Morisaki Bookshop by Satoshi Yagisawa


Days at the Morisaki Bookshop by Satoshi Yagisawa
Translate by Eric Ozawa
4.7⭐
Add to Goodreads

Review

Days at the Morisaki Bookshop is a heartwarming story. The calmness and coziness of the story truly spread into me. Takako has a decent easy routine life. She does her job and having a good day with her boyfriend not until he tells her he is marrying the other woman. The devastation by it resulted to quitting her job and she falls into depression. Until one day, she receives a call from her distant uncle Satoru. In which she agreed to move into Morisaki Bookshop. Not knowing, it would help her heals within herself.

It is a simple read and very much relatable one. When something huge happened to us especially when you heart broken by someone or losing someone, you feel the loneliness, the sadness, the pain envelops you tightly that makes you feel; that is, it! I like when Uncle Satoru reach out to her and not forcing her to spill out whatever she felt. Slowly, they bonded and Takako starts open up herself by friending more people within the community. It feels good, to be honest.

“The short version is I wanted to see the whole world for myself. I wanted to see the whole range of possibilities. Your life is yours. It doesn’t belong to anyone else. I wanted to know what it would mean to live life on my own terms.”

I’m hoping that one day, I, too, could escape somewhere to mended my own heart just like Takako did. I love this story. A short and relaxing story.

Thank you Times Read for the review copy!

Days at the Morisaki Bookshop by Satoshi Yagisawa

0 comments